Friday, May 17, 2013

The Nursery Reveal

I am just in LOVE with miss Finleigh's room!

Luckily, we had started working hard before I was put on bed rest, so a lot of it was already done.  Since then, we've had help!  My mom stayed the day after my shower to help wash and organize the clothes and blankets and such.  Ben has been a huge help getting all of the little things done, and I've probable done a little more than I was supposed to, but nothing too strenuous.  

I just love to go in there and sit in the rocker.  And just sit.  Ben always comes in and chuckles and asks, "What are you doing?" to which I reply, "Just enjoying it."

SO many special people have come together to make this nursery what it is! I LOVE the special feel that the personal items add.  I know that Finleigh will love it as much as we do!

From the door.  Curtains made by my mom.

From the door (ignore the ply wood)

Rocking chair from my mom, she used it w/ us girls & my sister used it for my nephew.
Quilt made by my lifelong BFF's mom, Mrs Judy!
Table painted by Sister after I was bed ridden.

We have had this bookshelf in our entryway and we painted it black.  We have yet to replace it, but its worth it to have space in her room for books!  I love book! I made the lampshade (covered in fabric & added ruffle) and I just love the floppy bunny under the table that I bought in Canton.  

Oh my goodness, I am IN LOVE with this!!
Jana had a friend make this for Finleigh and had it at the shower.
This is the verse that we claimed for this baby early in our pregnancy.  We hope that it will always bring her peace! 


Her monogram above her bed.

Mobile.  Her first besties.

Bed.
I bought the fabric and had a lady make the bedding.  I am IN LOVE!!!
We made it "gender neutral" but added the bright pink sheet and plenty of pink around the room to make the room girly!  We bought the crib from a HS friend and painted it black.  This pic doesnt do it justice, it has BEAUTIFUL scrolling and woodwork on it!!  (You cant see the grey chevron fabric at the bottom of the skirt and the outside ends of the bumper)
  

View from the rocking chair.

Dresser/changing table.  Sign made by my friend and old co-worker, Natalyia.  I LOVE the pop of color that it adds!
LOVE my Ubbi diaper pail!!

My little ode to Louisiana!

Her bow holder...I know.

Her closet & my Kelly Moore bag!!!

The top of her bow holder.  It fits a scrap book page.  This is a work in progress.

Another shot from the door.
We love it.  What do you think??  I'm not much of a pastel person...so I just love the bright colors...and I'm kind of obsessed w/ greys & chevrons at the moment.  Now, to get her in here!!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

LOVE it! I still have to do a Nursery reveal for Baby L, and she's 6 months old! GAH! I figure...before we redo it for the big girl room, I'll get to it. :) LOVE your nursery tho! Well done.

WendeeG said...

Super cute! I love it!!!

Rachel Haedge said...

I love the room. I love the fabrics. I love that she already has a bookshelf full of books. I will love seeing that sweet baby very soon. :)

Liz Faulk Hughes said...

It is wonderful! Just like a movie baby room-your little girl is lucky to have you as parents! I would not change anything about the ones and I am impressed she already has so MANY bows.

Related Posts with Thumbnails