Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hello, blog, it's been a while

Oh, dear blog, how I have forsaken you! SO sorry about my lack of blogging and my lack of the "changes #2 post." That's what this blog will be about. What's been taking my time lately? Change #2 that happened in the spring.



Since 2008, when I stepped out of the classroom to pursue my counseling career/license, I have been working at ChristianWorks in one role or another. My latest roles were: contract counselor seeing around 10 clients per week, CounselingWorks Program Coordinator which was my "full time" job, and the Director for Camp Erin Dallas/Fort Worth. Yes, it always took a while to explain!! I have been dreaming for a LONG time with my friend/co worker/counselor, Lauren, about opening a private practice. Towards the end of last year, those dreams started coming into real life.


SO...in March, Lauren & I, along with 2 others opened Campbell Counseling Group in Richardson, TX!!! I stepped out of the CounselingWorks Coordinator position at ChristianWorks, but remained on as a contract counselor and director of Camp Erin Dallas/Fort Worth. March was a CRAZY time!! We put a LOT of sweat equity into the office and LOVE how it turned out. We had an open house and just loved showing off our new space.






Since then, it's been a crazy experience! Camp Erin Dallas/Fort Worth st
arted overtaking my summer and I wasn't able to market as much as I had wanted. But, since school started back in August, things have really picked up. I see 10-12 clients at ChristianWorks on Mondays and Tuesdays and then have Wednesdays and Thursdays open at CCG.

My office:


















I love being at CCG because the space is so inviting, and I just LOVE my co-workers! It's been a hard first few months, but it is/will be SO worth it! If you know of anyone in the area that needs counseling, please think about us at CCG!




2 comments:

Justin and Gracie O. said...

That is a NICE office you have there! I love your style, Kristina. Congrats on the private practice!

Justin and Gracie O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails