Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bring on 2012!

OK kids...I've been the worst blogger ever! I have a million ideas and actually start blogs, I just don't finish. SIGH. Sorry! I don't really know what to write about. I started this blog to get out so much of what was happening with trying to get pregnant. Well, since May 2009, we haven't done anything. And by anything, I mean medically ;). I struggle w/ what to write & if anyone cares. BUT, I am going to do better. I have 2 important blogs to write that you will want to read...so stay tuned this week.


We just had a wonderful 13 day Christmas vacation. Seriously, I missed Ben so much today when we had to go back to work!! It started with my family coming to Dallas to cram into my house.


My sisters came the Monday night before Christmas and we were up WAY TOO late wrapping gifts & chatting. I went to work for 1/2 the day on Tuesday and then they picked me up for Torchy's Tacos (seriously THE BEST!) and Sam Moon shopping. When we got home, we put the nephew down for a nap & then waited on the parents to come. When they got there to take over nephew duty, we went grocery shopping on mom's tab. Awesome!
We had an amazing few days of amazing food that included:
-banana pepper/roast hoagies
-breakfast tacos
-turkey

(isnt she pretty!!)
-sweet potato pie
-dressing
-gravy



-green bean casserole
-mashed potatoes
-creamy corn
-rolls



-M & M cookies
-peanut butter cup pie
-turkey burgers!!
-sausage balls
-leftovers, leftovers, leftovers!!

We had a great time, and when they left, we invited more friends over and made more food. Really, we used the leftovers and added the Pioneer Woman's Prime Rib to the mix.


It was AMAZING...and we enjoyed THOSE leftovers through the weekend!

We've lived in this house for 8 years (our 9th Christmas in the house) and we have never been here on Christmas Day. Typically, we are traveling between families and have a day in between. This year, it worked out that we had Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday at home alone. It was awesome!! We literally did NOTHING on Christmas Day. I MAY have slept until after lunch time. And then MAYBE took a nap on the couch. Maybe. It was a good day. We didn't do gifts for each other, so it was a bit anti-climactic, but we just enjoyed being together.

On Tuesday we got up and headed to Lubbock to spend the rest of the week with Ben's family.  The drive was so very scenic and just exciting.  See?



His sister, her husband, and their 3 kids got there just before us. We had fun romping around Lubbock. We went to a Texas Tech basketball game...I was sitting by Hannah, who never stopped talking...so I don't really know what happened at the game, but I had a good time.


We also hit up the windmill museum


, Spanky's (fried cheese, please!!)


, Main Event


, and Rosa's.

Friday, Ben's little brother & his fiance flew in from San Antonio and we got to spend the last 3 days all together. Plus Daisy the big black dog and Rustee the little (mean) white dog.



We had a great 13 days are are truly blessed by our families!!

2011 was an OK year. There wasn't too much that happened, but at the same time, a ton of stuff happened! Some highlights would be:
-being named Director of Camp Erin Dallas/Fort Worth
-Spring Break in St. Louis, just the 2 of us




-camping at Lake Whitney, TX


-Gatlinburg, TN with Ben's family











-a VERY successful Camp Erin-Dallas/Fort Worth in Aug.
-camping at Cooper Lake, TX


-camping at Lake DeGray, AR



(yes, 3 camping trips, kids. I'm a good wife)
-AACC conference in Nashville

(and seeing old college friends!)


(and upgraded rooms!)

-The Moyer Foundation National Bereavement Camp Conference in Seattle, WA



(my travel partner, Kim!)


Abby Rike...LOVE HER!


Matt Logelin...reading his book (...Ben's never allowed to read it!)


(pumpkin patch w/ the Craigs List killer friend)

-Ben's halfway through grad school
-ThanksMas in AR



-BIG changes on the fertility front...but that's another post for another day. (curious?)
-spending an amazing year being married to an amazing man
-gaining new friends and really strengthening relationships with the amazing friends we have!!




I'm a blessed girl!!

I am praying that 2012 is an AMAZING year and the one that we have waited so long for!!

Praying the best for yours, too...


2 comments:

Living to Love said...

I'm currently reading his book too =)

Britney K said...

so glad you're posting. clearly I have not in quite some time! Good gravy. Love you girl! Thanks for all of your love and prayers over the past several weeks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails