Sunday, April 24, 2011

How Great Thou Art!

I downloaded Carrie Underwood's "How Great Thou Art" several years ago and love the version.  So, Friday night I was watching "Say Yes To The Dress" on TLC and saw people on twitter talking about "Girls Night Out" on CBS.  So, I flipped over for a second.  I was super excited when they were hilighting Carrie Underwood and watched as Vince Gill sang "Jesus Take The Wheel."  I loved that Carrie raised her hand in praise on the chorus even though she wasnt singing (as did others in the audience, like Winona Judd).  THEN, Carrie & Vince sang a duet of "How Great Thou Art."  I just watched mesmorized.  It was AMAZING.  I love that while Vince was playing the 2nd verse, Carrie couldnt help but sing along.  After that, I sat with my jaw open as the audience began to stand up and give her a standing ovation as she was singing.  I literally said "WOW" out loud and hit "record" on my DVR to capture the moment.  I had chills all over and maybe even a tear in my eye as I watched this (hope you enjoy it as much as I did): 


2 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE Carrie Underwood! LOVE that song! I get teary every time I hear it. Last year I was fortunate enough to hear her sing it in person at her concert. AH-MAZING!!!

Moore Memories said...

Wow..thanks for sharing that. I am crying tears this morning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails