Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Question Friday! I'm still alive!

I am back, kids!  I have all these blog posts milling around in my head...now to find time to get them actually written.  THIS could be the challenge!!  Anyway, I thought that the 5QF questions were fun today, so I wanted to link up & I hope you do, too.

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then visit Mama M's, LINK UP, ! Remember, the most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN!







1. Have you ever had surgery?
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
5. When did you move out of your parents house?
-----------------------------------------------------
 
1. Have you ever had surgery?
HA!  I just laughed when I saw this one!!  If you had asked me up until I was 21, I would say NO WAY...but sadly, since then there have been WAY TOO MANY!! 
Lets see:

-May 2001-bre@$t reduction
-October 2004-right wrist surgery
-April 2006-laperoscopy
-June 2007-myomectomy
-March 2009-hysteroscopy
-May 2009-hysteroscopy
-January 2010-hysteroscopy

UGG...that about covers it.  The last 5 have all had to do with my faulty uterus and the last 4 were to remove fibroids.  Stupid fibroids!  Speaking of...they are back with a vengeance, so I since another one in my near future.  UGG. 

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Why, yes I have!  Remember the 'head trauma" story?  (read about it HERE) I was transported from the school I was teaching at in Mesquite downtown to Baylor Hospital via ambulance...in full on neck/back brace w/ my head taped down.  I dont do things halfway, people!! 

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
When it's me, I am a complete sobbing mess.  I am usually freaking out about missing work, costing too much $$, and things like that...but I'm a mess.  As you read HERE, I think I inherited a "calm in the heat of the moment" from my mom.  But, I fall apart when that moment has passed!  Now, when it's my own kids...I have no clue. 

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
I SO do not have a green thumb.  I think mine is more BLACK than anything.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the nursery and picking out pretty plants.  I just hate planting them.  And then I stink at watering them.  And then they die.
After spending much too much $$ on our front flower beds, we splurged one year for our anniversary and had them "done."  We had stonework done around them and then had the landscapers put in green plants, only.  So, we dont have to mess with planting and replanting things.  There are 2 spots where we have planted things & we made a bed in the back where we plant things occasionally, but basically we leave things as they are! 

Do you guys know about the newspaper trick to keep weeds out?  Well, that's a blog post in itself, so be looking for it, cause its FABULOUS!!

I have dreams of having little raised gardens with veggies one day.  Right next to my hen house with 3 hens names Ethel, Mable, and Henrietta.  It will happen one day...but whether I can keep it alive is yet to be determined.  The garden...not the hens!

5. When did you move out of your parents house?
I guess I moved out when I went to college, kind of?  I mean I moved back and forth from the dorms to home for breaks and Summers.  When I moved to Abilene, I lived in a house and actually MOVED some of my furniture with me.  Then, I graduated from college and went home for a few weeks, got married, and then Ben & I moved into our apartment right after that.  So, once I went to college, I never moved back home or anywhere else, but went straight from my parent's house to our first married apartment. 

2 comments:

trooppetrie said...

so glad to see you back. these questions are great

Rachael said...

I have a black thumb too! I really want to have someone do our yard. Right now we have nothing but a bare patch of half dead grass and the trees. I am bad about buying plants and never actually planting them.

Found you on Five Question Friday. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails