Thursday, January 27, 2011

"YES" in Christ

18 But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” 20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
II Corinthians 1:18-22

Terry Rush came to speak at a dinner/banquet that ChristianWorks had Saturday night to honor our awesome volunteers.  I love hearing him speak.  He is hilarious to be around and then speaks and it's like his words were meant JUST for me!  I not only got to hear him Sat night, but also Sunday morning in church and he also taught our Bible class.  I have heard him reference this passage a few times so I thought I would share it.  My FAVE parts are the parts below: 

...but in him it has always been “Yes.” 20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ.

The word "HOPE" keeps coming into my life lately.  It seems that in these months that we feel that there is NO HOPE in us getting pregnant, God keeps putting that word back into our vocabulary.  Terry reiterated in class, that in times when there is NO HOPE, we have to remember that He is a "YES" God and that he is capable of anything...even giving life back to the dead.  He is capable of ANYTHING...and we WILL get our "YES" at just the perfect time.

OK, those are my random/jumbled thoughts for today.  I keep mulling these around in my head and cant quite get them to come out the way I want.  

1 comment:

annalee said...

what a powerful verse and message!
as for the phone cover... YES, it is a great one, you'd love it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails