Friday, August 20, 2010

Five Question Friday

It's been a while since I've done a 5QF...so here we go.  Link up so I can get to know you more.
New Friend Fridays
Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions, answer them, then make sure to link up! I'd love for you to link back to me and to Mama M (go to her blog to get a button).  If you are "blogless", feel free to answer the comments below!

1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?

2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?
3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?
4. What is currently your favorite song?
5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?
____________________________________

1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?
Strina-in 8th grade, my friend Kelly decided that Kristina was too long to sat and it just came out "Strina" instead.  Within the year EVERYONE was calling me that.  All of my HS friends & their parents still call me that.  Some of my teachers & family even called me that.  My dad & sisters all called me Strina for a long time.  Kelly & I roomed together our Freshman year of college & our hall (shout out to Sears One West!!) learned from Kelly...so my college friends all call me that.  Strina was my identity.  I dont hear it much anymore unless I am in WM or around college buddies...then it's all I hear.  I've even called people before and said "This is Kristina" and waited for the pause of the unknown before I said "Strina."  When I transfered to ACU, no one knew me as Strina...so pretty much once I moved to TX I have been Kristina, Mrs Stephens, and now KK.     

StrinaMarie- Strina+my middle name when it was something serious.
Honey-my fave from my Ben
KK-when Michelle was pregnant with Bryson, we were trying to figure out what my aunt "name" would be.  We thought about Strina, but I opted out of that one.  I wanted to be called something easier to say that Kristina...it's a mouth full and I've been called many things in my past from little kids.  We came up with "Auntie K."  However, after he was born and we were saying it regularly, we realized that he would be picking up on the TK sounds and would prob call me that...and I didnt want that.  So, we changed it to KK.  Now, pretty much if someone doesnt call me Kristina, they call me KK.  My sisters & parents do.  I am KK to all of my friend's kids and I love it!! (Unless you are Glade and try to shorten it and come out with Kake).

2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?
I am in the middle.  Ben and I are both in the middle of 3 kids.  We each have a sibling a year older than us and one 6 years younger.  I have 2 sisters & he has a brother and a sister. 
3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?

My first thought
(because of the cute yet nerdy aspect)







My second thought



     









my





final







decision

4.What is currently your favorite song?
I'm loving singing at the top of my lungs to "You Deliver Me" and "Unredeemed" by Selah.  Then there is "Never Let Go" by Matt Redman, "Healer" by Keri Jobe, and "Can Anybody Hear Me?" by Meredith Andrews ...but those are all b/c of where I am in life right now.  I dont know about faves in general...I guess I am just really loving the Glee soundtracks!!!!

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?
ummm...if you are a "follower" you know the answer to this.  We are saving for IVF right now.  $15,000 is a long way away, though.  Purchases made at KK's bow-tique go into this fund as well and ANY extra that we have.  My new obsession is to go HERE for IVF...we would get IVF AND 3 weeks in paradise for cheaper than IVF in the states. I can handle that!!  Now to get the hubs on board... 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails