Saturday, June 26, 2010

USA!

So, I will admit that I am not a huge soccer fan (sorry again, dad!), but I like keeping up with what's happening in South Africa right now.  Ben and I have watched some games, but I cant handle the constant bee buzzing of the vuvuzelas.  It makes me have urges to find the fly swatter and swat imaginary flies around the house.  I am SO not about being a band-waggoner who suddenly loves soccer b/c it's what's popular right now.  That irritates me more than anything...so I will be honest and say that I am not a huge fan...but have enjoyed moments of excitement for the US boys.

I admire the soccer players and think I could get into it...but I just dont like sitting through ANY whole sports game.  I like to watch the last few minutes and see the highlights.  I LOVE those tense moments when you are biting your nails for your team to pull it out...but that's always at the end, right? 

(I read the end of my books, too, but I still go back and read through the whole thing.  Drives Ben BANANAS!)

Anyway...my co-worker and friend, Lauren, loves all things sports.  We had a great time at the office during March Madness & I am sure that college football season will be fun, too!  Lauren is one of the counselors that I work with and since she was hired on in Jan we have become fast friends!  She stayed in our house while Ben & I were in Hawaii and we just have a lot in common.  I love Tuesdays and Thursdays when she is at the office...and although I hope for her that she has a lot of clients, I love when she has breaks in between so that she can entertain me!!!  And...I'm going to need my David to meet her so that they can fall madly in love, get married, and live happily ever after!  Thanks. 

OK...I got sidetracked...anyway...Lauren loves sports, but she especially loves the PLAYERS of the sports.  She's been keeping me up with the World Cup (and all the players).  So, Lauren posted a blog about the US game against Algeria.  I WISH I had been able to watch it...but SOME of us have to work.  Lauren might have shed a tear or too while watching, and while I wouldnt cry (you know how I hate that!) I love this video she posted.  This is NOT where she was watching, it's just a great video showing the moments after the winning goal.  Turn up your volume...all you really need to watch is the first 40 swconds, but I just love the screams and American pride in this!!!!  Gives me chills.

And leave me wondering...why the heck aren't you people at work?!?!?!?!?!

Ben said that at his offiice, they have a college intern for the Summer who likes sports.  Towards the end of the game, he was walking around giving updates.  Ben has his own office, but in the back of the building there are cubicles.  He said all of the sudden they ALL hear this kid screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...THAT NEVER HAPPENS.  THAT NEVER HAPPENS!" and then he proceeds to run around the office telling everyone what had happened.  Ben said it was funny & come to find out he was watching the game online!!  I said "someone ought to teach him how to do that and NOT advertise it to the bosses that he was being unproductive."  But, it's a laid back office...he's an intern...and it's an office full of guys who want the play-by-play anyway!

Anyway...I love seeing all the US pride around!!!!!
What about you...big soccer fans?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails