Friday, June 25, 2010

Five Questions on a Friday with New Friends

(this DOES get to 5QF...just read through or scroll down...it's down there, I promise!)

It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ahh...I love a good Friday!!  We have a busy weekend planned, but I love to spend time w/ Ben & our friends (and my bed) on the weekends!! 

Today I am having lunch with friends at La Hacienda Ranch...then dinner with an old friend and his wife & son (who I know will soon be NEW friends!!  I have met Britany once and I cant WAIT to spend more time with her tonight!) tonight at Uncle Julios.  Mexican food, much?  Oh, you can NEVER have too much! 

Tomorrow, is our 2nd annual GriefWorks picnic.  Our families and facilitators from GriefWorks get together in the BLAZING 100+ degree heat to grill out and play games.  We had a great time last year & I know this year will be great, too. 

After the picnic, I have to put my melted makeup back on (and possibly re-shower?) and head to a baby shower for my dear friend and past co-worker Neely.  I cannot WAIT to see if this baby will be a boy or a girl.  Neely and I taught together and are too much alike...I am sure that we drove everyone else nuts, but we had a BLAST all the time!!!  Her sweet baby is going to have the SWEETEST Dr. Suess nursery.  I love it. 

After the shower...it's back home for makeup round #3.  This time...to look beautiful for my Ben!  We are going to the Four Winds Steakhouse East of Dallas, near Canton.  It's this AMAZING little gem that Neely introduced me to!  The chef used to be at a big name steak place in Dallas, but started the Four Winds.  It's an adorable little ranch house that has been converted into a restaurant.  It's in the middle of a field overlooking a pond & just the cutest thing.  I cant wait!  We have reservations at 8, so I will have time to get dolled up for my hot date!
Sunday...church and then cooking a good ol' Southern dinner of roast, rice, gravy, purple hull peas, & biscuits for our friends who just had a baby.

Pshew...that was long...it's going to be a long weekend.  BUT, today is FRIDAY...so that means that there are some things we must get to!  I'm linking up to 2 memes today.  The first is from the Trendy Treehouse & it's a fun way to read the blogs linked above yours and after yours and not be overwhelmed by the masses that link up.  So...HI to any new friends!


New Friend Fridays
 
And then of course, we love us some Five Question Friday from Mama M.  You know the drill...

Rules for 5QF:
Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then c'mon back and link up! If you don't have a blog, but would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!
The Questions:

1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?
2. What is your pet peeve while driving?
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?
4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?
5. What song best represents your life right now?
________________________________________
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?
Yes.  Ben and I became close friends because we both played the trumpet in school.  I started playing in 6th grade b/c my mom had heard that the trumpet was supposed to be good for asthma.  I had never taken music lesson (although I got a note saying "piano lessons" wrapped up for Christmas one year...thanks again, mom...) and didnt know a LICK about reading music or anything.  Ben moved to town the Summer before I was going into 8th & he was going into 7th (remember...he failed pre-k b/c of his scissor skills...or because he was a Nov baby.  I like my story better, though).  We sat next to each other for the next 5 years...and I'll add that I sat a chair above him in all bands except jazz band.  He was GREAT at Jazz and I sucked it up BIG time!  We fell in love on a bandtrip...so thank you band for that!!  I am proud to say that I can still pick up the trumpet (the one in the closet or the one hanging on the wall over the piano) and throw out a tune or two.  Can't say the same for Ben...who sounds like I did when I was in 6th grade.  Poor thing!!!
2. What is your pet peeve while driving?
People who dont go AT LEAST the speed limit!!!!!!!!!!  Nothing drives me battier than someone just lolly-gaggin down the street going 35 when there is NO one in front of them, a dozen cars behind them, and the speed limit is 45 or 50!  GO PEOPLE! 
I also hate the people who drive on the shoulder to cut around a line of cars that WE ALL HAVE TO WAIT IN.  BE PATIENT. 
Ben says that I am an aggressive driver...but I am observant & safe...I like to call it a DEFENSIVE driver!  Thanks! 

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?
HOUSEKEEPER.  Hands down!  Once again, I'm having flashbacks of the unfulfilled Christmas gift of a note that said "housekeeper" on it one year several years back.  I knew that he was giving it b/c I begged so badly & that he really didnt want to spend the $$ on it, so I never pursued having someone come clean the house.  Now, however, I would like to find that note & have it be my anniversary present!!!  We both work a lot and when we have free weekends, the last thing I want us to worry about it cleaning the house...but OH how I LOVE a clean house!!!!!!  LOVE!!!!!!  When I was teaching, I was an AWESOME wife in the Summers.  The house was clean, dinner was FANCY and ready when he came home, he was satisfied all the way around!!!  It's just hard to keep that up when we are both working full time.  Ben is such a blessing and understands this, though, and is great at helping around the house.  When I am cooking, he is taking care of dishes.  When I clean on the weekends...he joins in.  Even so...offer me a housekeeper...and I am SOLD.  (although one that folded laundry would make me the happiest thing EVER!)

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?
Since I went to private school...we had banquets, thanks.  Dancing got you pregnant.  Thanks.

However, there are those songs that just take me back!!!  Off the top of my head, I will say that when I hear "I'm so excited" I cant help but break into my best Jesse Spano impression.
Do it with me now:
"I'm so excited.  I so excited.  I'm so...SCARED"
as she clutches Zach Morris and the pills fall from her hands.
and since I'm on a Saved By The Bell kick...I cant hear "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" without discussing the heartbreak that we all felt when Kelly dumped Zack for Jeff. 

and they danced together while Slater and Jesse sang the song.  Zack bit his lip as he cried over her shoulder.  We all MIGHT have shed a tear or two with him.  IF we were the kind of people who cried at TV, that is.
Really...I think every time I hear those 2 songs...Ben and I re-cap our "Saved By The Bell" memories/years.
5. What song best represents your life right now?
"Can Anybody Hear Me" by Meredith Andrews

A little bit of a RANDOM post...but fun, no?  Link up or answer in the comments!!

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Visiting from New Friend Friday.
Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/building-friendships-one-blog-at-a-time/

trooppetrie said...

I watched saved by the bell last week. I love the re runs

Stefanie said...

Hi, came over from Kelly's Korner. I just have to say that I LOVE the SBTB references. My husband and I own all the seasons (oh, I sound super nerdy now!). Thanks for making me laugh while bored at work :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails