Friday, May 7, 2010

5QF

I've missed a few "Five Question Fridays" but thought that this one was fun...and that I needed some lightheartedness around.  So...here it is.

Thanks to Mama M for hosting this blog hop.  Wanna join?  Simply hop over to Mama M's page and grab this button:




Then, link back to me...copy and paste the questions...answer...and then grab the codes from the bottom (there are 2 steps to enter the blog hop and then to post it to the bottom of your questions...just click on the links).  Dont have a blog?  Then just leave me a "sweet thought."  I love reading everyone's answers and getting to know my "friends" better!!!

Here we go:
1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?
2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)
3. Where do you like to go to relax?
4. What was the last thing you won?
5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?
Well, there are many bad ones from growing up (and into adulthood), but lets not get all serious here.  I have 2 sisters:  Sister (or M) is 14 months older than I am and Feff is 6 years younger than me.  We all shared a room when we were little.  I eventually got fed up and moved into the guest room.  When I was really young (Feff was not around, yet) Sister used to boss me around and I just took it.  I remember being so mad at her, but still doing what she told me too.  My parents said she was so mean and wished so badly that I would stand up for myself.  Our beds were a pretty good distance from each other and one night we were sitting on them getting ready for bed.  I dont know WHAT she said, but I remember that we were brushing our hair and she told me to do something.  I remember being SO mad and thought that I would throw my brush (a big HEAVY wooden round brush...ahh, they dont make them like that anymore!) and it would hit the wall above her head and scare her.  So, I threw it...only I had bad aim and instead of hitting the wall above her head, I got her SMACK DEAD ON on the lips.  OOPS.  Accident?  Well, it busted her lip and I got in trouble.  It wasnt until MUCH later that my parents admitted that they hated punishing me b/c they were so proud of me for standing up to her finally.

2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)
Oh, there are so many.  I was the child who was constantly in trouble!!  My mom had switches in EVERY room of the house (living room, kitchen, her bedroom), in her purse, and in the car.  Unfortunantly, they were used on ME multiple times each day (no, it wasnt child abuse).  My mom had turned the formal living room of our house into our playroom.  In the "playroom" was our big standing wall piano.  It is one that stands like 5-6 feet on the wall.  On top of this piano were pictures of our family, our grandparents, and such.  The pictures were ALWAYS the same.  So, one day, I climb up to look at the pictures and there is a screw up there, too.  I discover (somehow) that the screw will "write" in the wood.  The piano is that dark "old" dull finish so it's nice and THICK.  I decide that the pictures need lables.  So, I proceede to write the names of the people in the pictures into the piano.  MaMa, PaPa, Grandmother, Granddaddy... Hello, that was THEIR SPOT, right?!?!?  I was so proud.  Then, I went out to play.  My mom calls me in later and asks if I did it.  I of course say "NO!"  It must have been M, right?!?  Well, one thing I have figured out is that if a parent asks...they already know the REAL answer.  I havent looked in a while, but I am sure that there are some misspelled words up there and it was obvious who had done it.  OOPS, again.  I was in SO much trouble.  Those writings are still there...it's a sweet memory now...right Mom?!?  RIGHT??

3. Where do you like to go to relax?
-bed
-beach
-pedicure
-"home" to WM
-just finding new things to do in the city w/ my Ben

4. What was the last thing you won?
Oh gosh, I dont even know.  We are TRYING really hard to win at the Albertson's Monopoly game.  When I was around 8 or 9 I won a clock radio for an Easter drawing contest at the local Brookshire's grocery store.  But as far as the last thing...I cant even think of anything. 

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?
WHEEL OF FORTUNE.  It's a family thing.  My PaPa is a GENIUS when it comes to that show and we all love to watch with him.  We all want to be on it.  I wanted PaPa and Feff to be on together, but really I think that Ben and I together make a GREAT team.  They were in town a few weeks ago casting, and he wouldnt go with me.  He laughs, but I am serious...I WILL be on it one day.  I had also printed an app for "are you smarter than a 5th grader" but never got it in and now the show has disappeared.  I like that on WOF the 2nd and 3rd place people get to keep their winnings. 

What about you?  Join in the fun!!

2 comments:

Tweet said...

Yay for Wheel of Fortune!! You're the first person I've seen, besides me, who thought of it. I'm not sure if you read many of the blogs from 5QF, but I'm also surprised at how many of us have a sibling 14, 15, or 16 months oldler/younger than ourselves.

Passing through from 5QF . . . thanks for sharing!!

Stacy said...

I would be on WOF too!!! Since I was a little girl, I have been pretty good at the game, and it is one of my long-standing goals too!!!

I CANNOT believe you scratched names into the piano!! That is craziness! And I can't believe that you hit M in the mouth with a brush! I only knew you older, and never knew that you guys bugged each other so much! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails