Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I wasnt sure I would make it, but it's 11:40PM now...so, pshew!! 

I wasnt sure what to write about.  Everything I came up with was so generic.  Family.  Friends.  Blah, blah, blah.  I thought about being facetious (I so cannot say that word!), but that didnt feel right, either! 

Tomorrow is going to be SUCH a crazy day for me!!!  2 AWESOME authors are going to be at a Barns and Noble near my work from 3:30--5:30 selling and signing books.  Who you might ask...well, none other than BETH MOORE and FRANCINE RIVERS.  Yes, you read that right!!!  So, I am going to try to get there as close to 3:30 as possible. 

Then, I have to take dinner to baby Eli's parents and brother.  It's all prepped and ready to go, though, so my only constraint is not sitting all night and holding him!! 

After that, I am having some people over.  So, it's going to be a crazy day!  Yes, I over-extended myself, but I THINK I can get it done.  It sounds awful, but the food is prepped and the house cleaned. 

That brings me back to Thankful Thursday.


I am SO thankful that I have a selfless husband!  He has been (and always is) WONDERFUL with helping clean the house.  We both work, so we both work on house stuff.  He NEVER complains about helping.  If I am up cleaning, he's up, too.  He is the vacuumer.  EVER.  In the time that it takes him to vacuum, I cleaned the bathroom, made beds, cleaned the kitchen, picked up, and did various other things around.  Seriously, what takes so long?!?  But I am very thankful that he is so methodical about it! 

Tonight, he was especially self-less because it's March Maddness.  He is the BIGGEST college basketball fan, and he bleeds blue for Kentucky.  We have a UK room in our house...I'm telling you, HUGE fan.  While he cleans tonight, he kept walking in and taking breaks to watch games.  Especially the ends.  He had the TV and computer on all night.  Nothing but basketball.  Yet, he still takes the time to help me out.  I'm a lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!

And can I also add that I am SUPER thankful for Bahama Bucks? 
Especially the peach/wedding cake with cream and the strawberry/wedding cake with cream.
I seriously can't get enough!!!
Seriously.

3 comments:

Justin and Gracie O. said...

Aww, what a nice post! I'm glad you made the deadline, but what about Friday??? I'm anxious to hear about you rubbing elbows with Francine Rivers and Beth Moore at B&N! Surely you got some pics, right?

Have a great weekend!

trooppetrie said...

I am so jealous, WOW. i would love to meet both of them. did they speak or just sign books

Anonymous said...

Helpful Husbands are so nice and thoughtful, and it's a true blessing to have them. Tell Ben I give him kuddos. It's funny because Brandon does the vaccuuming in our house too.
Jenn Sale

Related Posts with Thumbnails