Monday, March 15, 2010

Motivational Monday

So, I'm sitting at my desk this morning and I look up at the pictures and stuff on my magnetic board and re-read a card that I have up there.  This is a card I got when I was in High School and it has always been in my wallet since then.  I decided to hang it up here (right in front of my face) but I look over it so ofter that I dont take the time to READ it and LISTEN to it. 

So, I READ it today and SO needed it!!!! 

Let Go and Let God
As children bring their broken toys,
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He is my friend.
But, then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back again
and cried, "How can you be so slow?"
"My child" He said, "What could I do?"
You never did let go.

Note: this is a re-occuring problem that I have...and you can tell b/c this card looks very well used...

yet I still seem to struggle with this.

This also goes along with a story I heard long ago that stuck with me...again...notice a theme.  I'm sure that it's a preacher story, so who knows if it's true or not. 

There was a man that was struggling with an issue and prayed for God to take care of said issue.  To remind himself to surrender it to God he made huge letters and pinned them to the cieling above his bed they read:
Let God
After months and months of praying for the same thing he became angry and frustrated.  One morning he got so mad and yelled at God as he threw his shoe at the cieling.  "Why are you not answering me?" He screamed.  As his shoe hit the cieling, one letter fell to the floor and the man sat there stunned.  The words now read:
Let Go
The "d" was now on the floor and the man had a new motto. 

WOW, right?!?!?  Sometimes I think that I need a SLAP like that to get it.  I KNOW that I hold onto problems.  I KNOW that I try to fix them myself.  It's why Ex 14:14 is my fave verse and plastered all over my house. 

I KNOW what needs to happen, but what about the HOW?  For that, I have no answers.  How do I pray for specific outcomes without trying to control the situation?!?  So, now my prayer is that God make His ways clear and smack me across the head with something if I am just not getting it.  I mean, I have to be missing something, right?!?!?  It's been 4 years...what do I still need to learn?  What do I still need to give up control of?!?  God?  A little clarity, here? 

Sorry...didnt mean for this to be a downer...it started as motivational.  OOPS!  What I MEANT to get across is that the little poem on a card on my desk is there for a reason.  There are days that I just NEED to READ it, pray, slow down, and LET GO. 

1 comment:

Eliane Filho Photography said...

What a very nice post ... Letting go is not an easy thing But being able to trust God is wonderful :)
Blesses

Related Posts with Thumbnails