Friday, February 12, 2010

FQF...all about my love!

I'm having another snow day and LOVING it!!! 

Five Question Friday this week is all about the one we love!  Mama M had posts all week themed around Valentine's day...I was going to link up, but had missed a few days and couldnt catch up.  Sad day.  Oh well, I wont miss these.  These questions are super fun.  Wanna join?  Copy the questions and link up, just follow the instructions at the bottom! 
My Little Life



1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?
2. When did you know your love was "the one"?
3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?
4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?
5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?

See?  Fun, right?!?  If you dont have a blog, just leave your answers in the comments!  Let's get started:


1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?
There are so many!!!  Ben is SO great at helping around the house.  I am going to post more about this later, but since we both work and are POOPED when we get home late in the evenings, we tend to split what is done around the house.  I couldnt do it all alone and I am SO glad that he is more than willing to help out and make things easier on me. 

He also makes me laugh SO hard...I could NEVER live without that!!!!
2. When did you know your love was "the one"?
I dont even know.  We were 16 when we started dating and it just naturally progressed...I dont know when it turned into getting married.  I do remember after we had been together for just a few months (cause you know you count these things when you are 16) I said to a friend "I cant imagine ever getting upset enough that I would break up with him or not want to be with him anymore."  I couldnt imagine being mad or upset enough to leave and not be with him.  And, I dont have to.  We never broke up...and never will!!

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?
"Son of a Preacher Man" 
He moved to West Monroe when his dad was hired as the minister at the church I grew going to.
4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?
Physical:  eyes
Non-physical:  This is so much!  I dont know how to put it into words, but I guess his heart.  I dont know that it will come across, but he is just the most generous non-selfish person.  He is never angry and always puts others before himself.  He is just a wonderful PERSON...and too amazing for words!!!  (and he's all MINE!!!)

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?
I knew it was coming soon...but not exactly. 

We already knew we wanted to get married the next Summer (2002) and I was headed home from ACU for 4 weeks before coming back for Summer School.  So, I was only going to have those 4 weeks (while recovering from surgery!) in West Monroe, a couple of weeks at Christmas, and a few weeks b/t graduation and when we wanted to get married.  SO, I needed those 4 weeks at home to start getting things together.  And at least be able to TALK about our plans.  All of the rest of the plans were done long distance.  I was in Abilene, Ben was in Lubbock, and the wedding and my mom were in West Monroe, LA. 

BUT, the weekend that he showed up on my doorstep to propose I was NOT expecting it!!  He had been told NOT to come see me that weekend.  We had seen each other a lot and I was behond getting final projects made...so I had set aside that weekend to work all day everyday to get caught up and finished.  BUT, he showed up Friday night anyway!!  I wouldnt have it any other way!! 

This pic was taken right after he proposed!!! 
(I was all sweaty and gross....he really caught me off guard!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well,

1. Kristina takes such good care of me - I'm spoiled by her cooking, always taken care of when I'm sick, and she always gets the perfect and most thoughtful gifts, not only at holidays but just whenever. And then there's some other things too that she does...

2. I guess it was gradual since we basically grew up dating.

3. It vibrates...
(But then, it vibrates whenever anyone calls.)

4. Her sweet, caring, kind-hearted, fun, and funny personality. And she gets my sense of humor which is good, evidently some people don't because I'll tell a VERY funny joke and get groans instead of laughs (come on, you KNOW those dry puns are funny).

5. In general, although the specific location at a (very classy) neighborhood park in Abilene was kind of last-minute.

- Ben

Related Posts with Thumbnails