Monday, January 25, 2010

Look what I made:

I took my fruit pizza recipe and turned it into a fruit tart! 

This tart started with a bit of drama when my first "tart" (i.e.sugar cookie dough) landed on the kitchen floor and crumpled into a million pieces.  This was at 9:30 or so Friday night and I needed this to be assembled for a brunch on Saturday morning. 

So, Ben and I went to play tennis at 10 (the parks are empty at that time...and open until 11) and swung by Albertson's on the way home to get 2 more packs of sugar cookie dough. 

And I just HAPPENED to bring my cookbook to work with me today!  Enjoy!


Fruit Pizza:
Crust:
1 pkg sugar cookie dough
(I used 2 packages of the pre formed cookies in my tart pan from Pampered Chef.  The "cookie" part was a bit too tall...so I will go back to 1 package next time.)

Filling:
1/2 C Sugar
8 oz Cream Cheese
(I doubled this.  Then I added some vanilla, dry pudding mix, and powdered sugar for the heck of it.  It is fine without it...I was just playing around.  I dont know ammts, I just poured)

Glaze:
3T Corn Starch
1C Orange Juice
1/4 C Water
1/4C Lemon Juice
(I added some almond flavoring...again, just for the heck of it)

Fruit:
Fruit of your choice
(I used fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries sliced, blackberries, and kiwis.  Then I also used a can of chopped pineapple and a can of mandarin oranges.  Kiwis are STINKIN hard to peel...but I LOVE the touch that the green adds, especially if you are slicing it for a pizza.).


-Slice cookie dough in rounds and press on round pizza pan (or in tart pan or cake pan). 
-Bake according to directions on package.
-Combine 1/2 C Sugar and cream cheese and beat until smooth.
-Spread over cooked crust
(I put mine in the fridge...just be sure you have a good grip on it before you take it out,
or else it will fall to pieces on the floor!)
-Cook 1/2 C Sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, water, and lemon juice over medium heat until it boils and thickens (the FIRST time I made this, it was VERY thick...like Jello...
so be careful not to OVER cook it!)
-Cool 5 min.
-Place fruits of your choice on top of cream cheese, then pour topping over fruits and refrigerate.

(if making a pizza, start w/ your largest fruit (like kiwi or bananas) around the edge and work your way in making rings.  For THIS tart, I mixed all the fruit INTO the glaze and refrigerated over night.  The next morning, I drained the exces juice and piled the fruit/glaze mixture onto the top of the cream cheese mixture)

Good luck cutting it...  ;)

ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Norch said...

Found your blog through MckMama's community- I visited once before, but somewhere between filling a sippy cup and wiping a runny nose, I closed the page without remembering your web address.

This fruit tart looks delicious! I'm gonna have to try that sometime!

Prayers for you and your journey with infertility. In God's time, things will work out for you. And what wonderful a life you will have created in the meantime to welcome children into!

Thanks for sharing your blog!

Courtney said...

WOW! Great job! That is so delicious! You have a lot of skill and patience!

Related Posts with Thumbnails