Friday, January 22, 2010

Five Question Friday again

Already?

It's so soon,  but I like a couple of these questions, so I'll join in again!

My Little Life
Wanna join in the fun?  It's a great way to get new readers and learn about new people...as well as let others know more about you!  Just copy and paste the questions below, and click on the link to get the MckLinky code and the one to link up.  Simple!  I would love it if you would link back to me...but especially to Mama M who started the whole thing.

Here we go.  This weeks questions:
1. What is better, growing old with out money or dying young and wealthy?

2. Who takes out the garbage at your house?
3. Have you ever had the same dream many times?
4. Can you play a musical instrument?
5. If you owned your own store, what would you sell?
--------------------------------------------------------
1. What is better, growing old with out money or dying young and wealthy?

Oh, who knows...this is silly, really.  But, I would say old and poor so that I can have as many days as possible w/ Ben and the people I love.  I dont really care about being "wealthy" as long as I am surrounded by people that I love and that love me...we can have fun no matter what the budget is!!!!
2. Who takes out the garbage at your house?
BEN.  Growing up in a family of all girls I used to have to...but I GLADLY gave that over to Ben.  Occassionally, I will roll the trash can a whole 10 feet up the driveway in from the street.  I HAVE taken it out...but I dont like to!  I have a HUGE issue with things that smell bad.  Well, really just things that smell STRONGLY.  Like eggs...SICK.  I tend to gag.  So, when I take out the trash, I tend to gag...even if its not too bad-I THINK it should smell bad, so I start gagging!  The same is true when we clean out the leftovers from the fridge...Ben has to be the one to open the containers.  I just cant handle it.  SICK.  Oh, how he spoils me!!!

3. Have you ever had the same dream many times?
Oh, who knows.  Not that I can remember.  Want me to analyze yours?

4. Can you play a musical instrument?
Why, yes I can.  I started playing the trumpet in 6th grade and played through High School.  I played for a couple of weeks my Freshman year at HU, but quit when the director tried to kill me (he and my momma had words after that!).  I started playing the trumpet to help w/ my asthma, which was bad when I was younger. 

Playing trumpet is how I met Ben, I guess.  I mean, we went to a SMALL school and church together, but the first time I remember meeting him was at band camp...and we got to sit by each other every day for 5 years or so.  I was seated a chair ABOVE him, I would like to add :)  It was sitting by him where I got to know him well.  You have to really LISTEN for Ben.  He talks.  A lot.  But, you have to learn to hear it.  In band, he would say something and I would laugh or reply and I would get in trouble.  When I would point to Ben or say "Ben started it," no one believed me.  They all said "Ben doesnt talk" and Ben would just sit there and gloat.  RUDE! 

I was the secretary of the band for many years and the president my Sr year.  I was in marching, jazz (I will admit that Ben was MUCH better at jazz band than I was!), concert, pep, and any other special band that came up.  I ate lunch in the band room, went to band camp, and fell in love w/ my husband on a band trip.  We had a good time.  I wouldnt say we were nerds...there WERE nerds, I wouldnt say I was one of THOSE...but we were for sure our "own special group."   Oh, band days! 

Our trumpets (both professional level) were both stolen when our apartment in Lubbock was robbed.  Out of everything taken, the trumpets are the only things that were not replacable.  We did buy 1 trumpet to replace them, but its not the same.  Our trumpets were how WE became US.  So, we have the 1 professional trumpet and Ben's parents GRACIOUSLY gave us Ben's first horridly beautiful gold trumpet.  So, we hung it in our dining room over the piano.  It actually looks cute.  Maybe we should hang the other one?  Rustee HATES it, but occassionally we will pull em out and play.  Ben has lost EVERYTHING.  He sounds airy and HORRIBLE!!!!!  (sorry!)  (kind of.)  I think that proves that I was better all along, right?  He had decided that he was going to practice every night and get better...for what, I dont know?  That lasted all of 2 nights.  Good job, hon!

I also learned a little of the trombone, french horn, clarinet, and sax.  And, when I was taking Music in Elem classes in college, I had to learn the recorder.  Yep.  It was stressful...a bunch of college age girls sitting in class playing "Mary had a Little Lamb" on the recorder! 

5. If you owned your own store, what would you sell?
EASY!  I have ALWAYS wanted to own a bakery.  My sisters and I used to talk about it all the time.  I then wanted a juice bar and bakery called "The Main Squeeze" (stolen from David C).  But, now that I make bows (and more), my dream is to open the CUTEST little girly pinked-out boutique called

KK's Bow-tique and Bakery

I even have my eye on a little space in the Rockwall Square.  I do hope & pray that it'll happen one day!!  (And Jaime, I will for SURE hire you for the bakery!!) 

Oh, and Ben decided the other day that we would have 1 wall of a TON of Icee flavors to go with your baked goods.  And, we are talking Louisiana quality Icees...none of this TX fluffy stuff!  I would recommend that everyone get the classic combo of strawberry and coke, but you can mix and match to your little hearts desire!

Would you pay me a visit?

1 comment:

Sandy Hop said...

wow! You're very musically inclined! Love your blog. Yes, please come over and analyze my dream!

Related Posts with Thumbnails