Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh, FQF, did you miss me?

Here are the rules: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer the questions, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, and link up! Then, hop around and check out other fabulous bloggers!

My Little Life
Don't have a blog but wanna join in?  Simply leave your answers in the comments!

Okay, here we go...

Questions for Friday, November 20th:
1. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kid, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)
3. Favorite Christmas movie?
4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?
5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?
______________________________

1. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
Oh, how I would LOVE to be a Black Friday shopper!!!!!!!!  I nevre really understood the madness until we moved to a big city.  My jaw hung open as I heard friends tell about their traditions of going shopping at 4AM in their PJs with a big thermos of coffee.  And now it's even better...many stores are opening at 12 midnight!!!  Hello...that sounds MUCH better than getting up at 3 or 4...but for awesome shopping and traditions, I could do it all! 

However,  I am not in a big city for Thanksgiving...but in good ol' Searcy, AR.  The highlight of Searcy is going to Wal-Mart.  So, if they have any good deals it might be worth going...but all the good ol' boys will be there, too.  Seriously, that Wal-Mart parking lot is ALWAYS full.  ALWAYS.  If you can make it out of Searcy without going to Wal-Mart, then I salute you!!

We always talk about driving to Little Rock for some Black Friday shopping.  ALWAYS.  But, then, us "late nighters" stay up until 2AM playing games and talking (about all the non-late nighters) and then just want to go to bed.  We should just leave and do a round of midnight shopping instead of games.  We'll see what happens this year!  I'll blog about it when we get back!

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kid, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)
I was a strange mix of girly-girl and tom-boy.  I think I was a girly-girl who tried my hardest to be a tom-boy.  I had my phases.  I had a Cabbage Patch, Shrinky Dinks, Barbies, and such...but the one thing that sticks out to me is out Big Wheels.  My sister and I had matching pink girly big wheels (I looked for a pic but couldnt find online).  Our neighbor boys, Jonathan and Brandon (who were a year older than each of us...so M and Brandon were the same age.  Jonathan a year older than them and I was a year younger than them) had Dukes of Hazzard Big Wheels.  We were HUGE Dukes fans!!  Everyday (it seemed), we would meet them after school.  They had their red moustaches and oreo smiles.  We would all get on our Big Wheels and play Dukes.  We would ride super fast and stop the pedals while we turned making them skid across the ground like the Dukes did!  We were super cool!!  The lot across from ours was empty and wooded, so that was our "woods" and we would play over there forever!!  Soon, Summer and Brittney's parents built a house there and we were devistated that our "woods" were gone, but, glad to have girl neighbors!  Along with Dukes, we were known to play Star Wars and Ewoks.  A LOT.  We were always outside in one yard or the other...or somewhere in between!

3. Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf.  Hands down.  Ben and I both love it.  I know, it's not something old and nostalgic...but whatever!

4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?
I dont even know!  Really, we would love help with "the baby fund" but there are things that we need or want and wont buy for ourselves...so this is the time, right?

I need a new digital camera.  I WANT a digital SLR of some kind...but I know that those are WAY too pricey...but it's still a dream.  I also need a point & shoot that I can throw in my purse...so that's what I asked my parents for. 

Ben and I prob won't be doing gifts for each other since we need to save for fertility stuff...we will be right in the middle of a round of injectables and IUI (YES!  I will blog about it later!) so money will be non-existant tight.  Sad, but such is life right now.

5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?
I am a grinch...we dont decorate.  We spend the 2 weeks of Christmas and New Years on the road with only a day or 2 at home.  I LOVE to decorate, but it's just not worth it right now.  I canNOT wait to have our own little ones and decorate like a crazy person and make our own traditions at home at OUR house.  Until then...they are in the attic.  Makes me sad! 

I grew up with lots of colorful decorations.  Each of us girls got a side of the tree to decorate and then we threw icecicles on it like it was nobody's business!!  Bless my mom's heart!  As for my own decorations, I like to keep it classy.  We have all gold and red.  There are glass balls, poinsettas, and ribbons in a 9 ft pre-lit (in white) tree.  I LOVE it.  It's so us!  There is 1 rogue UK ornament that usually ends up somewhere on the back side of the tree.  I LOVE a pretty tree!!!!  When we have kids, I want to have another tree for them to decorate and make a tacky as their little hearts desire!  I would LOVE that for them...but I also need my pretty tree!!!! 

5 comments:

Confessions Of A Working Mom said...

Big wheels-- WOO HOO! I loved that toy! I wonder, do they still make them?

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Crayon Wrangler said...

Oh I loved The Dukes! I had two little boy friends and we re-enacted several days a week! Good times, good memories!

Mama M. said...

I think it's hilarious how many people love Elf!! Oh, and did you do the grab the bottom of your shirt and pull it up and through the neck? Daisy Duke style? Man...you sound like you had one heckuva neighborhood!! What great memories!

MannMom3 said...

I'm thinkin' I need to watch Elf this year..I don't know if I've ever seen it..maybe parts..

I want a DSLR too..

Happy Saturday!

Keely

www.mannland5.com

whatsundermyapron said...

You really should try Black Friday just once. I started out at WalMart, but now I hit three or four stores. WalMart is a good place to get your feet wet.

I live right down the road from you in Austin (Just before Cabot). I don't know if I would drive all the way to Little Rock either. That's a long way to save a few bucks.

Good luck on the baby making! We had to go through all that, too, so I understand the nervousness/excitement/stress/being broke. Best wishes and baby dust!

Related Posts with Thumbnails