Friday, September 18, 2009

Five Question Friday!

(Y'all, how do you spell check on the new blogger post writer thing?  I LOVE most of the features, but I cant find spell check.  Dont judge me...)

Here's the rules: copy the questions below, paste them to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky code (link back to me, if you'd be ever so kind) and then join the fun! Honestly, you don't know what your missing if you don't participate in Five Question Friday...really.

My Little Life

September 18th Questions:
1. What's your favorite line from a movie?
2. What "group" did you belong to in high school? Goths, jocks, preps, drama, nerds?
3. If you had $1000 just for yourself what would you spend it on?
4. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
5. What kind of sleeper are you? Back? Tummy? Side? Sprawler?

1. What's your favorite line from a movie?
"I carried the watermellon"--Dirty Dancing
"Harses, Harses, Harses"--sung in Sleepless in Seattle

Gosh...I am horrible at this!  I KNOW there are more, but I just can't think!!
2. What "group" did you belong to in high school? Goths, jocks, preps, drama, nerds?
mmmm...I was in band.  Does that make me a band nerd?  I was certainly NOT one of the nerds that was in band (sorry to you nerds!). 

I guess w/ people that didnt know me well, I was quiet, friendly, and (admittingly) a bit ackward...but around my friends I was loud (admittingly obnoxious at times!), bubbly, and liked to have fun.  They might say that I was the epitomy of "blonde."  WHATEVER. 

I had many GROUPS that I hung out with.  A LOT of them were groups w/ mostly guys in them...but most overlapped b/t school and church. 

And I will admit that I was niave as all get out

...and I'm OK with that now!


3. If you had $1000 just for yourself what would you spend it on?
SHOES.  Enough said.

(except that--if I went to the $9.99 shoe store when they have a $2.99 shoe sell...just think...)


4. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
hmm...I loved the smurfs, He-Man (and Sheera), rainbow bright, rose petal place...but I dont really know what was my favorite.  I really loved the "Dukes of Hazzerd" and my sister and I would re-create this with our neighbor boys on our big wheels.  Daily.


5. What kind of sleeper are you? Back? Tummy? Side? Sprawler?
Oh, dang.  I'm prpbably a sprawler.  Growing up, (in a family of 5 who got 1 hotel room) no one wanted to be the one to share the bed with me...so I always got the cot.  FINE WITH ME!!  When I moved out of the room that us 3 sister shared (yes, I was in the middle, but moved into my own room & let the other 2 share), I moved into the guest room that had a king sized bed.  I blame this bed. 

But, now, I have to share (and am HAPPY to do so!).  I usually start on my side and hug a pillow (if you can still call it a pillow.  it's more like a lump with a pillow case on it).  I usually have 2 other pillows in an upside down V.  I love to start out facing Ben and talking for a while...then I roll over and scoot in close (cant get close to him while facing him b/c of said pillow-which he steals when I get out of bed).  My only problem is that I want to spread my arms and legs out further onto his side of the bed (we have a queen).  I usually wake up on my back with my arms above my head. 

My FAVE time is when Ben gets up before me!!!!!  I take his pillows, make a nest, and sleep diagonally across the bed. Why is it more comfortable this way?  I blame the king bed for this, too. 

I LOVE to sleep with it COLD.  Since we are paying for electricity...we cant put it as low as I would like...but still sleep with the fan on high.  Recently in a hotel, since we wernt paying the bill, we set it at 65 and had the fan on.  It was awesomeness.  I LOVE to be under blankets, though.  It's the BEST!  That hotel had 2 down comforters...it sure made it hard to get up in the morning.  In the winter, we like for the heat to NOT come on, still have the fan on high, but add extra blankets to the bed.  I just love to be covered (except my feet...which always stick out...they are claustrophobic!)!!!!

Sorry...enough about my sleeping habits!!!  I am a bit deprived since I have averaged 4 hrs a night this week.  Getting ready to sell KK's bows at a craft fair...post to come!

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

Hey there! Glad you joined in again! You are a sleep nut! But, man oh man, those king's are great, aren't they??

Shelly said...

Good one: "Harses harses harses"... 8'] LOL

Justin and Gracie O. said...

I do the exact thing when Justin gets out of bed! Take his pillow and sleep diagonally!! Haha, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails