Friday, May 1, 2009

The shred & our new addition:


OK, so I read BigMama & BooMama's blog posts about the "30 day Shred" workout by Jillian Michaels. They were both in SO much pain, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Why not, right? It makes perfect since.

I found that we can get levels 1 and 2 free with "on demand" so there are no excuses. It's 30 days and only 2o minutes a day. Piece of cake, right?

Uhh...no...

Jillian kicked our booties!

Our? Yes, that's right, I got Ben to do it with me.
We started at 10:30 last night (smart, right?). Let me tell you, this is 20 minutes of NON STOP JILLIAN. After the first set of jumping jacks I knew I was in trouble. I was perfectly fine to join "Anita" in the green sports bra with great abs doing the "modified" excercises...but Ben was doing it FULL ON.

I agree with "the Mamas" that the ab workout was the best part b/c you get to lay on the ground. (I may have said "Oh thank you LORD") But then she make you keep getting back up?!?!?!? About half way through the 2nd of 3 circuits, we were doing the "punches" and Ben asks me to stop the video. He looks at me and says "I think I'm going to throw up."

I had the same feeling at the same time...so we took a minute to look miserably at each other from the couches. Are we going to finish? YES! There was no stopping!! So, we picked it back up and finished strong. As soon as it was done, I said "I need cold water on me NOW" and literally walked STRAIGHT to the shower. When I got out, Ben was still in the front of the house so I yelled "ARE YOU ALIVE?" He came back to the bedroom and crashed onto the bed. I think the only thing that got him to move was that he had to take out his contacts.

We were a LIVELY crew after that! This morning we are sore. It didn't seem so bad...but the longer I sit here at work the harder it is to get out of my chair! My abs, quads, hammies, and inner thighs took the worst of it. We usually play tennis on Friday nights, but tonight, I'm thinking we will be "Shred"ding-it for 20 more minutes of pure HELL torture.


----------------------------------

On a MUCH happier note: Ben and I are adding to our family!
No, we are not pregnant.
NO, I am not bringing a puppy home from Canton tomorrow.
But, we became sponsors to Kushi, a 6 year old girl in India through:

(click to link)

Read Angie's awesome blogs about her time in India. That combined with seeing the poverty in "Slumdog Millionaire" just tugged on our hearts and caused us to want to do more! I emailed Ben a pic of a little girl yesterday and said "I think I have to have her." By the time he opened the email, someone else had sponsored her. So, we sat down last night and chose Kushi. We were torn between 2 girls. One was 6 and one was 8. Kushi is 6 (which was the youngest age that there was to choose from in India) so we will "have" her for many many years!!

This is something that we have always talked about doing but never found the right program to do it through. We used to have 2 orphans in Russia (Olga and Oxana) that we used to but school supplies and clothes for each Summer. Those were bound to be the 2 best dressed girls in Russia!! With the coolest/hippest school supplies!! We wanted them to have everything (they couldn't just have a toothbrush...they needed battery operated toothbrushes)!! Their pictures are still up on our fridge even though the program we were going through stopped.

I cant wait to add Kushi's picture, artwork, and letters that she will send.

We have $$ set apart each month for "church funds" but we tend to give it to people that are going on mission trips, or to camp, or just to something TANGIBLE. Sponsoring Kushi will change her life. I would MUCH rather do that than pay for the "coffee bar" that we don't use on Sundays. (It only cost $36 a month to sponsor...the rest will go to church and various other funds as we see fit)

I can't wait until we get the packet in the mail and I can post her picture and more about her specifics!!!
Have a great weekend,
Pray that I can walk and get through the Shred tonight
then Canton AND the Shred tomorrow!!!
K

3 comments:

Moore Memories said...

You're amazing! I love that and yes, I have been following Angie's blog. So good!

*Courtney* said...

Way to go!!! I'm sure that any workout that Jillian does is going to be rough. That's great that Ben joined in, always good to have a partner. :)

Dr. on Friday...say a little prayer.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Way to go...that is great...Just found your blog and enjoyed reading it.
I hope you will stop by and visit me. The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

Related Posts with Thumbnails