Monday, March 9, 2009

After surgery...

So, it's been a while since I have written! I had the surgery last Wednesday and am back to work today. (we HATE our computer at home...it's SO slow...so I prefer to post from the office when I have a minute)

My mom came back Tues night and took me to my surgery on Wed. Ben had a HUGE project interview thing at work and was unable to come (he did look AWESOME in his suit/tie when he came home!!). We had to leave for big Baylor around 6:15 Wed morning...fun times...and went through the normal check-in routines. This one was at a "surgery center" and not a hospital like I am used to (Presby, Perot) so things were a big more cramped! When I went back, they had me change and leave my things in a locker. I had to put on these compression tights that went from my toes to the TOP of my thighs. I was stylin' for sure!! Did anyone else have to do this...or was it because of my previous blood clot (DVT)? I don't know. LUCKILY, there were holes that I could stick my toes out of. (My feet are SO claustrophobic...I sleep with them out of the covers and the WORST part of my past surgeries is when they put those foil things on your feet to keep them warm. I always tell them to put those on AFTER I am knocked out, and on my last surgery the FIRST thing I said was "GET THESE THINGS OFF OF MY FEET," rather forcefully.) Back to this surgery, my mom and I sat in a tiny curtained off area while we waited for Dr. Putman to be ready. There was a girl with special needs beside me and it was torturous at times...I don't mean to be rude, but it was impossible to relax! My anesthesiologist came in and stuck my IV in the inside of my left arm. Apparently he thinks that my veins are small...ummm NO...I have massive veins and NO ONE has ever had a problem finding a good juicy one. I don't know what he was smokin, I'm just glad that he didn't have to stick me twice! I do have a MASSIVE 3 inch purple bruise left from it, though...I was not so impressed with him!

Apparently the fibroid that was removed was larger than Dr Putman thought. He had to cut into the lining of the uterus and cut it into 3 pieces to take out. So, the surgery was more extensive than originally planned, but there are still no external incisions. He had to place an IUD in the lining where he cut it so that it would stay open and not close on itself (?) and this will have to come out after 4 weeks. So, we cannot start anything else before that.

While I was waking up, I didn't cry...usually, I cry and have a hard time. This time (and the last) I would hear a beep and they would say "breathe Kristina" so I don't know what that was about...but I kept trying to take deep breaths! My mom came back and I was given crackers and sprite so that I could take a pain pill and go home. All I wanted was some ice! Apparently, you shouldn't wear mascara, even waterproof, to surgery...I guess I looked like a raccoon and my eyes were all gooey afterwards. I did get a rag to wash up with, though! I was in and out for the rest of the time and awake enough to get my mom back on I-30 and not lost in the ghettos!

When we got home, I went to bed but I couldn't sleep well. I FELT like I would be asleep forEVER and wake up and it had only been 5 or 10 minutes! Oprah lasted FOREVER!!! My mom made me some soup and worked on meatballs and mashed potatoes/rice for dinner. Ben came home around 6 and crawled in bed with me for a while. I got up and went to the couch for dinner, I was STARVING!! Everything else was pretty uneventful. My mom left around lunch Thursday morning and M and Bryson came later. They are on Spring Break this week and came through on their way to mom and dad's in Houston. They just left this morning. Bryson had us all laughing real hard and made getting up and recovering much easier!!

I DID have a pampered chef party Thurs night. Crazy, I know, but it was fun! I don't THINK that I was too out of it. We had some easy apps and Ronda cooked some AWESOME Mexican chicken lasagna!! YUMMY!! And Bryson entertained us by singing "Pop goes the Wiesel." I felt fine, but at the end they said that my eyes were barely open. Whatever...I was fine!!

Friday, I was supposed to go to work, but called and said that I would go in later in the day. I ran a few errands and by the time I got to work at 2 I was POOPED. I had a client coming in at 4, but got here and saw that they had canceled. So, I got on the internet for a few minutes and then went back home!!

I am back at work today. I FEEL fine but am still moving a bit slow. Everyone here has been great, though. I keep saying "I FEEL FINE!!" Why don't people believe me? I am tired, this is the only day that I haven't been able to take a nap and I am feeling it. Just waiting around for clients to come in at 5!

I DID make some super cute bows and an AWESOME tu-tu this weekend! I will post some pics later...I forgot my camera today! I hope you guys have a great week. Thanks for all the prayers!!!!!!

(we are having more insurance issues with the IVF and don't think that it will be covered after all...I am not happy...but that's another post. I am choosing to ignore that at the moment and just keep praying that it goes away!)
Love,
K

1 comment:

Marci said...

I'm glad you're doing better and that everything went well! I'll be praying for everything, especially the insurance stuff. :( Hang in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails