Monday, January 26, 2009

Yumm-O Fancy Sunday Lunch!

Yesterday for lunch we ate at Firewheel Town Center at the:

It's not as good as:

or:

BUT, it will do for a Brazillian Churrascaria "fix" on a budget! If you have never had Brazillian Churrascaria, then you need to look up your closest place and GO! Here's how it works:

You pay a set fee (Fogo and Texas de Brazil are close to $50 a person...but Master's Grill is only $25 for dinner) and get a gourmet salad bar (with shrimp, salmon, sushi, cheeses, and MUCH MUCH more!), sides (potatoes, fried plantains, beans, bread), and all the meat you can eat!!

When you are ready to start on the meat, you turn a coaster over that says "yes" and the gauchos come to your table with a skewer of meat, cut you a small piece and you use tongs to put it on your plate. Just like this:

You get a selection of beefs (sirloin, flank, ancho, tenderloin, ribs, garlic beef, bacon wrapped, and MANY MANY more), chicken (parm, wrapped in bacon...), pork, and lamb. At Master's Grill. they also have pineapple with cinnamon sugar on it! When you are full, you turn your coaster back over and they will leave you alone.

At Fogo and Texas De Brazil, once you turn your coaster over, you are BOMBARDED with gauchos...I have to turn mine over to "no" just to catch up with eating!

If you go to Texas de Brazil's web site, you can sign up to be on their email list and they send you all KINDS of specials and buy one get one free for Birthdays, Anniversaries, and other events throughout the year. THAT's how we get to eat there!
Master's Grill is half the price. The meat is GREAT, but a bit slower than the other 2...I think that's how they save the $$. The longer you sit, the quicker you feel full! But, for half the price, you can't beat it!! If you want the REAL experience, you have to go to Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil, though!

For Sunday lunch, I think it is $23 a person and in Jan, they had buy one get one half off. So, Ben and I ate leftovers all weekend, and saved up for Master's Grill after lunch on Sunday! It was GREAT and worth it!!!!!
We LOVE these places and LOVE going! It's an experience!! I can't wait for my next coupon for Texas De Brazil, so we can get the "full on" experience!!!! I dont know about anywhere else, but here in TX, these places are FABULOUS!!
I went home a full & happy girl...and took a 4 hour nap! I hope you all had WONDERFUL lazy weekend! Have a great week!
K

5 comments:

Justin and Gracie O. said...

Oh, I've heard great things about Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil! It all looks so yummy. I'm so excited to have American food when we come back. I think one of these restaurants will have to go on our list!

Marci said...

We've been wanting to try the Mastergrill! Glad to hear it was yummy!

The Moore Family said...

You're making me hungry!

Alex and Jill said...

I just wanted to stop by your blog and say thank you for the sweet comment and for praying for me, alex, and our future baby. :) I feel blessed to have so many people (many of whom, I've never had the privilege of meeting) praying for us.

I'm excited to hear that you guys are starting IVF soon! I will be praying with you during that process. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

((HUGS))

Alex and Jill said...

p.s. I LOVE Brazillian Churrascaria. We have one here called Gauchos...very yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails