Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random things about ME!

This thing is sweeping facebook like crazy, so I succumed to peer pressure and did it yesterday. It took longer than I thought, but it was a lot of fun!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)


1. I married my high school sweet heart and best friend! We started dating when we were 16 and never broke up. We were married 5 years later when I graduated with my BS.


2. Ben and I are both middle children


Us with Ben's brother and sister @ Jen's wedding


My sisters

3. Our parents had their 3 kids in the same years...79, 80, 86. How's that for random!

4. I lived in the same neighborhood from when I came home from the hospital until I left for college. After that, I feel like I have moved WAY TOO MANY TIMES!



But, we have been in this house for 5 years, now & have made it home!

5. I LOVE living in the Dallas area. I used to tell Ben "dont move me to Dallas" and now I tell him "dont move me away from here!"

6. I have a bachelor's degree from ACU in Elementary Ed, w/ a specialization in Reading and an endorsement in Early Childhood.

7. I TECHNICALLY have 3 Master's Degrees...but I dont count 1. So, I have 2 Master's Degrees in School Counseling and Professional Counseling.

8. All I ever wanted to be was a "mommy" and we have been trying for 3 years

9. I WILL have a little girl at some point, if I have to adopt her...and if I have 1 girl, I want her to have a sister.

10. I love who I am SO much more now than I did in HS and even college. I grew up a LOT and became "me" when I ventured out on my own and went to ACU. I am a differnt person now...better, more self secure...ME!

11. One of my fave. things is to drop all responsibility and go to West Monroe for a weekend, stay w/ David & Mikey, and have the time of my life and watch my husband TOTALLY relax and have fun!!


Us with David & Mikey!
(We all know WAY too much about each other to NOT be friends!!
But we still all love each other!!)

12. I am a girly girl to the MAX, but can be a tomboy and love to get dirty, play sports (or win sports), go camping, white water rafting, and be with my boys. My dad used to call me his "oldest son." (and I want to drive a big redneck truck jacked up someday...maybe for my sid-life crisis?)

13. I almost went into interior decorating instead of teaching. I think my house turned out nicely, given limited budgets, despite the fact that I dont have a degree in it!

14. I love to cook and bake and would LOVE to open a bakery or cater one day! (or have a bakery/juice bar called "The main squeeze" even though I stole that name from David)

15. My fave. color is brown and next comes pink, but I think that the combo is over-used!

16. I have been on fertility drugs for a long time and we have a LOT of baby names picked out b/c there were MANY chances that we could have had 4-6 babies at once. But, we have 2 names of each that we love most of all!

17. I used to be simi-fluent in Spanish. I dont tell people that, and when I DO use it, I throw on a THICK Southern accent b/c I dont want to sound stupid really trying to sound authentic.

18. I got my personality from my Aunt Kathy and married someone EXACTLY like her husband, my Uncle Darrell...it's a bit scary how similar. So, I COULD say that, other than being an engineer, I didnt marry my dad...I married my Uncle, but that just sounds WRONG!!!


My aunt Kathy & her fam

19. I thank GOD for the Christian friends and examples that have constantly been put in my life at the right times!


Camp Ch-Yo-Ca 2000
(I grew up at Camp...spent every Summer there for every session from the time I was 1 yr old until 2002. I only missed 2 years in there. I even worked 2 weeks before my wedding!)


Sherrill, who used to live within walking distance of our house, now lives in New Jersey! Sad times!
S
he taught me how to be a good friend.


Sweet Sweet friends, Jana & Leah


Before Kelly's wedding

20. I taught for 6 years (1st and 3rd grades) and now work at a Christian Counseling Agency. I dont plan to EVER go back to the public schools. But would teach Pre-K or Kinder at a private school.


First day of school 07/08

21. I love to snow ski and skied every Christmas from the time I was 6 until I was 19.



So, I'm not in this pic, but here is my dad, M, and Fef

22. I have just realized that I MAY be accident proned (fall in man hole, fall in bath tub, fall down stairs, drop knife on toe, grease burns, broke toe walking into Ben, and MANY MORE!) WHO KNEW?!




The fall down the stairs...followed by an ambulance ride on a backboard, neckbrace, with my head taped down. Fun times! I was just sad to miss the Halloween party that night!

23. I have SEVERE food allergies and grew up allergic to MOST things. I am now only allergic to pecans, walnuts, bananas, watermelon, and corn. I have anaphalactic reactions. The last time I ate a pecan, I was 10-ish and had HALF OF A HALF and ended up in the ER.

24. I love to shop...esp for my home and SHOES. My new addiction is CANTON...I am going this Sat and I am PUMPED (too bad I will have my voice of reason/controller of the money, Ben, with me!)

25. My life is SO blessed...even though we are going through a Storm right now...we have been blessed in SO many ways and know that only God will get us through! Exodus 14:14


I keep thining of more that I want to add, but I will keep it at 25 for now! I tag anyone that wants to participate. It's fun and challenging!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails