Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes...(am I a Grinch?)

Check out BooMama's Tour of homes. There are literally HUNDREDS of bloggers that have uploaded pics of their homes and put links on her page! They are really fun to look at. I got some great ideas! If you are visiting from boomama's, welcome!! Please feel free to leave a comment or catch up on our story.

Also, look at Kimba's tour. It is a BIT smaller and not as overwhelming!!! Have fun and I hope you get some great ideas!!

So, maybe I am a Scrooge or a Grinch, but we haven't decorated in 2 years. LET ME EXPLAIN...we spend the WHOLE 2 weeks traveling to see both of our families. We literally spend a day and a half at home the whole time. By the time we get home, we are POOPED and it is a beating to get our decorations down. We don't want to leave them up until Feb and look like white trash!
Here is a rundown of our week, starting next Monday.
Monday-we will both work all day, come home and pack up the car & dog and drive 4 hours to Houston. Get in late
Tuesday-we are getting up EARLY, dropping Rustee off at a PetsMart PetsHotel in Houston and heading to Florida (Fef doesn't get off long enough to come home...so we are loading up my mom's burb w/ mom, dad, M, Bryson, Ben, me, gifts, luggage, mom's medicine cabinet, and the kitchen sink)
Wednesday-spent in FL w/ Fef. Ben, Michelle, Bryson, and I are all bunking down in Fef's 1 bedroom TINY apartment...yeah for air mattresses!
Thursday-still in FL, cooking Christmas dinner (brought from Houston) in Fef's tiny kitchen
Friday-leaving FL to come back to Houston, pick up Rustee and head to the house in Houston
Saturday-finish Christmas in Houston (all gifts cant fit in the burb to take)
Sunday-go to church, Ben & I will leave to come back to Dallas
---
Monday-Ben & I work all day, come home & wrap the rest of the gifts & bake something to take to Lubbock
Tuesday-Ben & I work all day, come home & pack up the dog and drive the 6 AWFUL hours to Lubbock for Christmas with Ben's family.
Wed-SLEEP LATE
Thursday-Happy Ne w Years in Lubbock
Friday-in Lubbock
Saturday-Lubbock
Sunday-go to church in Lubbock, head home & go to work on Monday!
Are you tired, yet?!?!? I am just thinking about it!!!
SO, since you now all think I am a Scrooge...let me show you what our house WOULD look like if we had decorated!! I LOVE my house at Christmas & I love my "pretty" tree & decorations. I didn't grow up with a "pretty tree," so I love mine even more. Everything has a red and gold theme. We vacuum a LOT of glitter while the decor is out!

We have a 9 ft pre-lit tree with LOTS of bows, poinsettias, & glass balls. I want MORE glass balls, though! (we have to move our dining room table when the tree is up b/c it takes up a lot of room, but we want it in front of the window. We hit our heads on the light fixture with the table moved)

Tree all lit up!

A close up of some of the ornaments. There is a small wooden ornament of a kid in a swing that I have had since I was a baby. It was ALWAYS my FAVE and I love putting it on my tree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little gold twirlies that stick out of the tree. They are hard to see in these pics, but they look oh so good in person!

Same small section of the trees with lights on!

Close up of the fireplace. I LOVE the stockings! They are a set of 3 that say "'Twas the night before Christmas," "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care," and "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night." I got them at TARGET. The problem will come if we have more than 1 kid...I guess Ben and I can get new ones if we have 3 kids. For now, Rustee gets a big stocking.
Full view of the fireplace. I love the little reindeer, too!

This is what the fireplace looks like all lit up. I love how warm & cozy it seems!


Our attempt of a family pic in front of the fire place.


Rustee and the reindeer


Rustee LOVES all the bows!!




See?!?!? He Really DOES love it!!
These last 2 were our Christmas cards that year! Poor baby...he is SO mistreated!
This was last year.
Rustee LOVES being IN anything (box, suitcase, laundry basket, grocery bag) and jumped in this box while I was wrapping gifts.

So, I hope you enjoy what my house SHOULD look like! I also LOVE our outdoor decor (a mix of Canton iron gifts & lollypops, white lights, trees, and a beautiful wreath)

I cannot wait to pull it all out and hopefully have a little one so that we can celebrate at home next year. We want to have our OWN traditions & will GLADLY let people come to us!! Let me know what you think!
---------------------------------------------------
Here is a recipe for a YUMMY treat that you cant miss out on! I know that it sounds weird and like nothing special...but SERIOUSLY, y'all, you canNOT stop eating it once you start!!!!

1 box of honey combs
2/3 cup of peanut butter
1 lb (block) of white almond bark

Melt the bark in the microwave, slowly following the directions on it. Mix in PB and heat for a tad bit more. Mix in with the cereal (I usually have to pour it out onto the counter to mix b/c I don't have a bowl big enough). Pour onto wax paper on your counter. At this point, you can add peanuts, M&Ms, pretzels, or anything else you would like! Let dry & enjoy!!

YUMM-O!!!! Thanks Sharon for introducing me to this!!

13 comments:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Hi Kristina! Well your 'should be' decorations are absolutely lovely! Your little Rustee is too cute. Merry Christmas to you! Warmly, Cathy

Jamie lea said...

Rustee is TOO cute and I love your decorations ever if there not from this year :-) That's a busy schedulee, can I say better you than me... *lol* Anyway, from one Texan to another, have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas and stay safe with all the traveling!

Boosalis Bloggle said...

Rustee is adorable! He makes your house my favorite! =)

Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

It all looks great! And the pup is adorable! But lo! Do I note a glimmer of mischief in his wee eyes? Better keep Santa's cookies up high.

Merry Christmas!

Bonita said...

I love how your house "should" look. I also love the comment about not wanting to look like white trash. Too funny!

Seems to me you already have the cutest little fluffy decoration running around and you don't need much more.

jenjen said...

Your dog is so sweet! Thanks for the yummy recipe -- I will try it out! Merry Christmas!

Jen

Stephanie said...

Soo pretty and Rustee is adorable too! :)

Celestial Charms said...

Your doggie is so very cute and what can I say about those stockings. I wish I had seen them at target...such a find!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Sigh, I wish my kids would let me get away with your great solution. :)
I have come to visit via Kimba's blog. I am having a giveaway on Friday.

annalee said...

i LOVE your stockings! those are too too cute. merry early Christmas to you!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Beautiful tree & stockings. And the dog is so cute!

T Lyn said...

I loved seeing Rustee among all of your decorations. I have a Bailey and a Roscoe with that same adorable look. Rustee looks like a Maltese, is he?
Mine aren't spoiled lol !!!

Kate said...

Awesome dog!!! Love your pictures. I'm still trying to get to everyone's tour and I'm thinking that I can probably finish tonight. It's a plan anyway. happy New Year to you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails